Summer Home Maintenance Checklist. With summer now upon us, it’s time to start thinking about ways to maintain your home and ensure it’s in excellent condition all season long. Proper care and maintenance are vital to keeping your house in good condition and making sure it’s comfortable during the summer months. Here are some of the best maintenance methods for your home during the summer.
Summer Home Maintenance Tips
- Clean gutters and downspouts: Clogged gutters and downspouts can lead to leaks and water damage. Take the time to clear out any debris buildup in the gutters to make sure everything is functioning properly.
- Check your air conditioning system: The summer heat can go to extremes, so make sure your air conditioning system is ready to keep you cool. Check the filters, belts, and settings to make sure your unit is running at its full capacity.
- Inspect windows and doors: Hot temperatures can easily enter your home if your windows and doors are not properly sealed. Check the seals, weatherstripping, and caulking to ensure there are no drafts or other issues.
- Seal cracks and crevices: Tiny cracks and crevices in your home can lead to drafts and air infiltration. Use caulk to fill in the gaps and minimize the entry of surplus humidity into your home.
- Prune trees and shrubs: Overgrown trees and shrubs can create shade on your property, trapping excess heat in your home. Prune away any branches that are blocking sunlight and creating shade in and around your home.
- Trim grass and bushes: Keeping your lawn and bushes trimmed is more important than ever during the summer. Excess grass and bushes can draw in pests, and leftover clippings can become an attractive home for insects.
Home Maintenance Tips for Summer
Summer Home Maintenance Checklist. By following these maintenance methods, you’ll be able to keep your home in great condition all summer long. Regular upkeep is the key to a comfortable and enjoyable home all season long.